NAVIGATION AND INTRODUCTION TO QUICKBOOKS
- Receive an in-depth introduction to QuickBooks
- Learn the tricks of the trade thorough our QuickBooks classes
- Discover the 3 navigation methods to find your way around QuickBooks
SETTING UP QUICKBOOKS
- Creating your QuickBooks Company file- what options are right for you?
- Choosing a start date and chart of accounts
- Entering opening balances and guidance through the Easy Step Interview
WORKING WITH LISTS IN QUICKBOOKS
- Discover how QuickBooks organizes information
- Edit the chart of accounts and work with the QuickBooks lists
- How to add custom fields and manage your lists
BANK ACCOUNTS IN QUICKBOOKS
- Check writing
- Use QuickBooks registers- There are more than one!
- How to enter a handwritten check, EFT or ACH transaction
- How to transfer money between accounts
- Reconciling checking accounts
- Online banking
- Understanding how to use “Undeposited Funds”- is it mandatory?
TRACK CREDIT CARDS PURCHASES AND PAYMENTS, ASSETS, LIABILITIES AND EQUITY ACCOUNTS
- Paying your vendors with a credit card?
- Credit card reconciliation
- Working with the fundamentals of accounting- asset, liability, and equity accounts.
- When to use a sales receipt instead of an invoice
- The importance of sales orders
- Price levels
- Reminding customers of overdue payments
- Recording customer payments and applying them to the invoice
- Handling bills in QuickBooks
- Using QuickBooks for accounts payable and managing your cash flow
- Item receipt or bill?
- Enhanced Inventory Receiving in QuickBooks, and the effect on accounts payable
ANALYZING YOUR FINANCIAL DATA IN QUICKBOOKS
- Create the specific reports you need
- Create customized reports and memorize them for quick access
- Exporting your report to MS Excel
SETTING UP INVENTORY IN QUICKBOOKS
- Make sure your inventory is entered correctly from the beginning
- Receiving inventory with or without a bill attached
- Inventory adjustments after your physical counts
SALES TAX IN QUICKBOOKS
- Overview of sales tax and how to get the most use out of this feature
- Setup your tax rate and agencies so you don’t get penalized!
- Applying tax to each sale ( great if you ship out of state)
- Determining what is owed at the end of the month/quarter
- Pay your tax agencies on time, every time
PAYROLL AND EMPLOYEES IN QUICKBOOKS
- Setting up payroll for your specific business, manual or assisted
- Using the Employee Center in QuickBooks
- Writing paychecks and withholding the proper amount of tax
- Track your tax liabilities
TRACKING TIME IN QUICKBOOKS
- Track time and mileage
- Adding time and/or mileage to an invoice
- Displaying project reports for time tracking
- Paying non employees for time worked (1099 vendors?)
CHANGING PREFERENCES AND CUSTOMIZING FORMS
- Introduction to QuickBooks Form templates
- Customizing your invoices and other forms to reflect your business, adding a logo
- How to use QuickBooks letters to streamline your operations
Full Charge Bookkeeping
Our bookkeeping services are suitable for any industry. We offer daily, weekly, and monthly services based on your needs.
Using Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), we can assist you in streamlining and managing your business.
Input vendor invoices payable system:
- Classify invoices to the proper General Ledger account
- Request and maintain vendor W-9 information
- Maintain vendor master files
- Respond to vendor inquiries about payment status
- Retrieve copies of payments as necessary
- Prepare and file required 1099 forms
- Process requests for stop payments when necessary
- Cut checks to vendors based on due dates or client instructions
- Reconcile vendor statements to accounts payable ledger
- Report to organizations on detailed aged payables and cash requirements
- Year end 1099 forms
- Prepare billing as needed and provide to client for approval
- Record and account for revenue
- Input receivable transactions into the accounting system
- Prepare and deliver periodic statements
- Issue client-approved credit memos and refund checks
- Maintain subsidiary receivables ledger
- Process client-approved adjustments
- Apply cash received to customer accounts and resolve “short pays”
- Prepare bank deposits
- Process daily sales and deposit reports
- Verify daily deposits and report variances
- Reconcile and verify credit card deposits
- Reconcile monthly bank statements
Free 1 hour Consultation
ebs Associates offers a free consultation for prospective clients. This consultation gives business owners the opportunity to speak with a consultant about products and services we offer, prior to committing to a paid engagement.
If you would like to schedule a free consultation, please call 503-885-0776, or simply fill out the form below and one of our consultants will respond within one business day.
- January 04 · ebs Notebook
Printing your 2012 W2’s in QuickBooks
There are two ways to print your W2’s in QuickBooks-on blank or perforated paper or printing on preprinted W2 forms if you have an Intuit Payroll subscription. Depending on your payroll subscripti (...)
- January 03 · ebs Notebook
Where is my billable time in QuickBooks 2013?
While trying to create invoices for customers billed for time, I ran into a hiccup. I click on the invoices icon and choose “Invoice for Time & Expenses”. I see nothing. Well, I see my (...)
- December 19 · ebs Notebook
Industry Specific Reports in QuickBooks 2013
Have you ever wanted to know which reports come with which editions of QuickBooks? I have- recently I needed a list of reports for a client who was deciding which edition to use. I was not successf (...)
- December 19 · ebs Notebook
QuickBooks Seminar in January
Call to register now! 503.885.0776 We have a seminar scheduled for January at the ebs Learning Center! The seminar will take place on January 22nd and 23rd, 2013 from 8:30-5:30. Space for t (...)
- December 14 · ebs Notebook
I can’t see the save and new button in my QuickBooks!
Since the addition of QuickBooks 2013 to the family, a few people have called about not being able to see the Save and New button, or sometimes only able to see the top of the buttons. To resolve this (...)
- September 12 · ebs Notebook
ebs Learning Center Announces Their First Class!
We have scheduled the first class that will be held in our brand new ebs Learning Center! Space for this class is limited, please register soon! Here are the details: This is an intensive and (...)
- August 20 · ebs Notebook
Cleaning up your QuickBooks Company Data
If you have been using QuickBooks for a while you may have thought about cleaning up your company data. For those of you unfamiliar with this, it is a QuickBooks utility designed to summarize your his (...)
- August 15 · ebs Notebook
Gremlins in my QuickBooks?
Have you ever looked at something in QuickBooks one day, and the next day it is different? Ever look at a report, and when you drill down on an account the amounts are different? Good news, you’re n (...)
- August 01 · ebs Notebook
The ebs Learning Center is finally in the final stages of development and should be expected to open come this September! (...)
- July 24 · ebs Notebook
QuickBooks Enterprise Solution 12.0 Free 30 Day Trial
Try before you buy! Download a 30 Day Trial copy of Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 12.0. This is the trial version and it will expire 30 days after installation. To receive the download link, (...)